Dieser Artikel ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
You want to publish a guest post on our blog? We’re always happy about interesting Southeast Asia (or generally Asia) related guest posts, as well as helpful general articles about traveling. Therefore, we’ve put together a little guide for upcoming guest authors.
Please comply with these guidelines, otherwise we unfortunately will not be able to publish your post.
- Please tell us something about you and/or send us a link to your website or blog.
- Send uns 2-3 topic suggestions (titles included).
- Read some of our previously posted blog articles to capture the writing style and to see if the topic is perhaps pre-existing.
- Your article should be inspiring, helpful or solving a problem.
- We only accept guest posts from bloggers or private persons.
If we like your idea:
- Send us your article in text or Word format (also HTML code with formatting is possible).
- Unique content only! No “copy & paste” actions from other, previously published posts on other blogs/websites.
- Your post should have more than 1000 words.
- Make sure your spelling, grammar and phrasing is correct. For you as an author or blogger this should be self-evident.
- Make sure to put paragraphs in your article. Huge text blocks are hard to read (you can check our articles to see how we do it).
- If possible, use subheadings.
- Of course you should also provide (your own!) good photo material (at least 3 pictures). The minimum width is 1920 pixels and ideally, they should have 16:9 format (which would be 1920 x 1080). Alternatively, you can send us the original pictures from your camera and will will edit them ourselves.
- No photo branding, no logos or URLs in photos. It doesn’t figure with our own pictures on the blog.
- Additionally, you can use Creative Commons photos from flickr etc. (please use only the Attribution License). All we need is the link to each picture and we will take care about the rest.
- Links in the article to your blog are of course allowed (no company links!). But please don’t exaggerate.
- We reserve to make changes to your content or put our own links.
- You allow us to use or edit one of your photos for the post thumbnail. We will use it only for this purpose and for social media posts.
- If desired, send us a short author text. If you want, you can also send us a photo (square format) – it is not mandatory though.
Last but not least:
- As soon as the article is online, you should of course share it on all your social media channels.
- Some days after publishing you recently visit the article in order to answer questions or comments. This also applies to our Facebook page.
We are looking forward to reading your ideas and suggestions!